No self respecting Pizzelle site is complete without listing at least one decent and simple pizzelle recipe. So if you’re looking for a quick recipe to get you started, read on…
- 3 large eggs (free range if you can)
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract to flavor the mix
- 1-3/4 of a cup of sifted, all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 3/4 of a cup of sugar
How to make your Pizzelle:
- Put the eggs and sugar into a bowl and beat by hand for 2-3 minutes (quicker if you’re using an electric whisk) until the mixture is light, fluffy and pale yellow.
- Melt the butter and drizzle it, a little at a time, into the mixture. Stirring continuously as you add it.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Add the flour a little at a time, stirring it in until fully absorbed into the batter.
- Make sure your pizzelle maker is heated fully – if its not you can end up with a sticky mess on your baking plates!
- Place the batter directly in the center of each mold and cook for the designated time recommended by your pizzelle maker.
- Remove from the mold when cooked and enjoy warm or leave to cool.